TBA Groundbreakers GalaBy Canton Citizen
Close to 140 members of Temple Beth Abraham and their families honored the groundbreakers of the synagogue with a wonderful gala on June 2. Without the commitment of these men and women, the synagogue would not be thriving as it is today at its current location at 1301 Washington Street. A video on the history of the synagogue, including the groundbreakers, was shown during the ceremony. Their dedicated efforts and enthusiasm have served to inspire the entire temple congregation.
Those honored included: Alan and Dorothy Golub, Sept. 1953; Frank and Helen Weiner, May 1958; Clifford and Phyllis Seresky, July 1958; Toby Krieger, July 1958; Nathan and Barbara Slawsby, Aug. 1959; Ruth Scott, Nov. 1959; Harvey and Thelma Sandberg, Nov. 1959; Dr. Ted and Doris Goodman, Feb. 1960; Howard and Estelle Levy, July 1960; Harvey and Judy Malin, Dec. 1960; Louis and Dorothy Snapper, Aug. 1961; Ted and Sandra Liftman, Aug. 1961; Dr. Melvin Brockman, Sept. 1961; Sumner and Anita Baker, Nov. 1961; Benson and Ruth Diamond, June 1963; Ann Starr, June 1963; and Melvin and Harriet Blackman, Aug. 1965.
“The fundraiser was a big success,” said Larry Finklestone, gala chair. “We thank all of the local merchants that made donations to our auction, which will enable Temple Beth Abraham to begin the next fiscal year on a solid footing.”
Frank and Helene Weiner, Judy and Harvey Malin, all of Canton
The Temple Beth Abraham Groundbreakers
Judy Schultze of Canton, Elaine Matisoff of Randolph, Harriet Burak and Leslie Kramer of Canton
(Front) Doris and Dr. Ted Goodman; (rear) Don Rodman, Marsha and Curt Rodman, all of Canton
Cindy Bakerman, Roxy and Wayne Gray of Canton
Sherry Alpert, ticket chair, and Larry Finklestone, gala chair, both of Canton
Short URL: http://www.thecantoncitizen.com/?p=14589